(Special to GaryGaddy.com, a column heretofore unpublished, but now, available to my web-only readers only, at no additional cost.)
A carefully and scientifically constructed compilation of the top Liszts in all of human history.
THE TOP TEN LISZT
10. Howard Liszt, former CEO of Campbell Mithun and now a senior fellow at the University of Minnesota's School of Journalism and Mass Communications
9. Maria Veronica Liszt (Kinder) was a second-generation Gloucester artist whose father studied with John Singer Sargent.
8. Matt Liszt, marketing manager for cell-phone video-gamemaker Sorrent Technologies
7. Madame Marie d'Agoult (not technically a Liszt but she had an affair with Franz)
6. Daniel Liszt is a singer/songwriter from Cambridge, Massachusetts, whose songs are "full of emotionally-charged imagery and searching lyrics"
5. Blandine Liszt, first of three children born to Franz and Madame d'Agoult
4. Princess Carolyne Sayn-Wittgenstein (also not technically a Liszt but she also had an affair with Franz)
3. Amadeus Liszt, pseudonym for disco artist Mike Mareen, who had such smash hits like: "Win The Race" and "The Devil Win"
2. Another Howard Liszt, a character in "Meshuggah-Nuns!" a theater production which had its world premiere at Chanhassen Dinner Theater in Chanhassen, Minnesota
And the number one Liszt of all time:
1. Franz Liszt, Hungarian composer, one of the most awe-inspiring figures in all of music history, regarded by some as the greatest pianist of all time
Copyright 2008 Gary D. Gaddy